A case study published last week in The New England Journal of Medicine tells the story of an unnamed 38-year-old man who immigrated from rural Guatemala to Boston around 20 years ago was hospitalized with seizures and an “altered mental status.”
After several tests came back negative, the doctors finally discovered that the man had tapeworms in his brain and that they had most likely been living there for decades. After almost ten weeks of hospital treatment, the man was released with normal neurology test results. The CDC says that humans can become infected with tapeworms by eating raw or undercooked beef.
Source: Fox News