Grub Hub’s annual Taste of 2021 list has been released. With it, we get a year-long look at what foods American’s are having delivered, who tips the best, and who spends the most. After they combed through the orders, here’s what they learned.
- The Impossible Burger saw the largest increase in orders from last year with a 442% boost.
- The side with the biggest increase was chips and Pico de Gallo, which saw a 205% increase.
- The biggest increase in dessert deliveries was for the strawberry shortcake sundae, with an increase of 378%.
- The largest single food item ordered at one time was for 200 bacon cheeseburgers.
- For breakfast, the most popular order was the sausage, egg, and cheese sandwich
- For lunch, tacos were the biggest hit.
- At dinner time, burrito bowls got the job done.
- Most Generous State (by percentage) – New Mexico tipped the best
- Most Weekend Orders (by percentage) – Hawaii
- Most Alcohol Orders (by percentage) – Washington, DC
- Most Orders – New York
- Biggest Spenders (on average) – Alaska
- Most Late-Night Orders (by percentage) – Rhode Island
Source: Grub Hub